Letter to Transport Minister July 2013.pdf
July 3, 2013
Greetings from Dwarka Residents.
This is with reference to our discussion with you during Bhagidari Workshop in Tyagraj Stadium on 30th of June, 2013. We would like to submit that Dwarka Sub city with over 6 Lakh residents has been completely ignored by DTC.
We had and have been raising these issues time and again and had series of meeting with DTC official starting from Depot to CMD, but unfortunately no concrete measure has been taken by them. We are thankful that you have asked us see you in your office and hence we request you to give us a convenient time for appointment to discuss public transportation issue in Dwarka. Our concern is as follows:-
1. A self-sufficient Sub-City planned has NO Connecting Public Transport System through DTC services barring few buses ply on a single road no 201 connecting to Nazafgarh.
2. DTC uses 3 Bus Depot in Sector 2, Sector 8 and Sector 10 with over 300 buses? However, not even 10% of the buses are put for the benefits of Dwarka Residents. We demand that the buses from Dwarka bus Depots should cater to the residents of Dwarka by connecting to various locations rather than passing by.
3. There is complete mess up at Madhu Vihar terminal as these buses are Illegally parked on the main road no. 201, instead of parking it on a bus depot hardly 200 meter away.
4. No direct bus services to connect Trans Yamuna area.
5. Resumption of circular services as per logical route and proper timing.
6. Buses connecting from Dwarka More and Dwarka to Domestic Airport. This is very important. We fail to understand why the various sectors of Dwarka are not inter connected and to the T3 and Domestic Airport.
7. Arrange new bus routes for Office goers for various routes such as Gurgaon, Nehru Place, CGO Complex, Central Secretariat, Janak Puri etc.
8. We demand that bus stops with proper shelter be built. As the buses are fitted with GPRS systems, the bus stops should have electronic boards to announce which bus is approaching. A proper timetable of the buses should be put up on each bus stop for commuters to know which all buses are plying. This is completely doable as even smaller cities have these facilities. Delhi being a Capital with so much of invested in infrastructure lacks these basic requirements. It’s a shame.
We will be obliged if an early appointment is given preferably on a Saturday.
President Dwarka Fourm
Honble Minister of Transport
Govt.Of NCT of Delhi